Re: [fluid-dev] New Patch - polymono - functionality

From: Ceresa Jean-Jacques
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] New Patch - polymono - functionality
Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2016 00:29:54 +0200 (CEST)

Hi, Ben

Please, have you try the command without --binary option ?

patch -p2 < fluid-polymono-0003.patch

jjc

> Message du 05/08/16 23:01
> De : "Ben Gonzales" <address@hidden>
> A : address@hidden
> Copie à :
> Objet : Re: [fluid-dev] New Patch - polymono - functionality
>
>Hi JJ.
>
> I tried the -p2 option before. It produced the same result as the -p1
>
> I think the issue is that on windows the file names look like this:
>
> ./fluidsynth-1.1.6\include\fluidsynth\synth.h
>
> but *nix needs the slashes to go the other way ( / ) like this:
>
> ./fluidsynth-1.1.6/include/fluidsynth/synth.h
>
> I looked at RL Horn's patch and that's what it was like.
>
> Ben

On 05/08/16 21:35, jean-jacques.ceresa wrote:

Hi, Ben

> There are typos errors in the manual , i'am sorry
>
> 1) the -p options must be -p2.
> 2) the --binary is necessary only when patching on Windows environnement from a patch coming
>   from unix. In your case the situation is the reverse.
>
> On my platform (Windows) executing the command: patch -p2 < fluid-polymono-0003.patch, works
>
> So please try :
>
> So after
>  - reading section 1.1.3 and
>  - renaming the "fluidsynth" directory to "fluidsynth-1.1.6" is not necessary (as far we use -p options)
>  - putting the patch file into the directory, then
>  - moving to the directory, then run
>
>  patch -p2 < fluid-polymono-0003.patch
>
> I hope it will work. If it is not the case, i will send the full tree already patched.
>
> jjc

Le 05/08/2016 09:32, Ben Gonzales a écrit :

Nope, didn't work..

> Perhaps the slashes are the wrong way for a *nix environment?
>
> Ben

On 05/08/16 16:25, Kjetil Matheussen wrote:

Hi,

Seems like you need to use a different -p option, as the
error message suggests. Maybe -p2 or -p0 will work instead of -p1.

On Fri, Aug 5, 2016 at 8:18 AM, Ben Gonzales <address@hidden> wrote:

Yes, sorry. The phrase "Read the manual" comes to mind...

> So after
> - reading section 1.1.3 and
> - renaming the "fluidsynth" directory to "fluidsynth-1.1.6", then
> - putting the patch file into the directory, then
> - moving to the directory, then
> - issuing the patch command, I got:
>
> address@hidden:~/fluidsynth-1.1.6 $ patch -p1 --binary < fluid-polymono-0003.patch
> can't find file to patch at input line 4
> Perhaps you used the wrong -p or --strip option?
> The text leading up to this was:
> --------------------------
> |diff -Naur ./fluidsynth-1.1.6\include\fluidsynth\synth.h ./fluid-polymono-0003\include\fluidsynth\synth.h
> |--- ./fluidsynth-1.1.6\include\fluidsynth\synth.h    Tue May 19 12:27:02 2015
> |+++ ./fluid-polymono-0003\include\fluidsynth\synth.h    Sun Jul 31 15:49:44 2016
> --------------------------
> File to patch: ^C
>

> It can't find the file to patch.
>
> Ben

> On 04/08/16 19:54, jean-jacques.ceresa wrote:

Hi Ben,
> >To compile this patch, do I have to start from a base version of FS and then apply patch 3?
> Yes, has explained in the the pdf (chapter 'how to apply this path'), one need to start from FS version 1.1.6 git.
>
> 1) apply the patch as described in the pdf. The procedure is the same as for previous patch.
> 2) cmake than make. Anyway , always look at the result of the make and verify that the library (libfluidsynth.so)
> is build without errors. Only the library is concerned by this patch.
>
> To give you a quick try, you can run the tutorial commands files at the console. Please read tutorials (part 2).
>
> >If I have applied the first patch, can I then apply patch3?
> No, you cannot because this patch supersedes all previous patches.
>
> regards
>
> jjc
>
> Le 04/08/2016 09:01, Ben Gonzales a écrit :

Hi Jean-Jacques.

> To compile this patch, do I have to start from a base version of FS and then apply patch 3? If I have applied the first patch, can I then apply patch3?
>
> Ben

Hi, Fluidsynth users