Re: [fluid-dev] New Patch 0003 - polymono - functionality

From: Ben Gonzales
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] New Patch 0003 - polymono - functionality
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2016 20:34:16 +1000

Some feedback on the patch:

 I haven't tried all the features yet, but the legato and portamento work. The portamento time seems problematic however. I configured the pitch-bend up control on the EWI to give portamento time, and I found that I had to have the gain on the control very low (1 out of 127) to get portamento times of around 1/2 second (note that this is the instrument GAIN, not the actual values sent) . This is much longer than what I experience using a Roland synth. I'm wondering if there is some multiplier in the patch which is an order of magnitude too large? I don't know what numbers the control is sending, but I will investigate further.

What is it supposed to do? CC5 at 127 gives how much portamento time??

Ben