[fluid-dev] Fluidsynth latency on ARM devel board?

From: Marcus Weseloh
Subject: [fluid-dev] Fluidsynth latency on ARM devel board?
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2014 15:21:57 +0100

Hi,

I am looking for a low-powered platform to run fluidsynth with
real-time midi input (with a fairly small soundfont < 50mb, not a huge
500mb monster), aiming for for very low latency performance. I've seen
a few posts and articles about fluidsynth on a Raspberry PI, but they
usually talk about "some latency issues". Has anybody got experience
with one of the more powerful ARM devel boards like the beaglebone
black, cubieboard or similar?

I would love to hear your thoughts and ideas, especially with regard
to real-time performance.

Cheers,

    Marcus