Re: [fluid-dev] No sound after a while of idle due to Active Sensing

From: James L.
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] No sound after a while of idle due to Active Sensing
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2013 21:04:08 +0800

It is related to Active Sensing as I have an unrelease hotfix from CopperLAN with Active Sensing disabled, it sound fine.

A while is around 2-3 mins of MIDI songs playback

I did connected through VMidi 2 port.

Turn verbose on and set midi.winmidi.device to VMidi 2, the error keep printed at every 500ms with synth\fluid_synth.c: line 1224: assertion `len > 0' failed
That is with Active Sensing enabled or using version CopperLan 1.2, I won't find this error with Active Sensing off or using version CopperLan 1.1

In CopperLAN Manager, I have linked VMidi 1 as input to VMidi 2 as output, I assumed you know how to configure it.

On Wed, Oct 30, 2013 at 4:50 PM, David Henningsson <address@hidden> wrote:
On 10/25/2013 07:09 PM, James L. wrote:
> Dear developers, I have no idea what is Active Sensing which I'm facing
> an issue with Fluidsynth. Please advice.
>
> http://www.copperlan.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=210

Hi,

I doubt it is directly related to Active Sensing. The Active Sensing
message is ignored by FluidSynth.

I guess this is going to be difficult to track down without someone
taking the time to debug it thoroughly. So just a few questions:

 1) what version of FluidSynth are you using?

 2) how long is "a while" usually? (Seconds? Minutes? Hours?)

 3) how do you connect FluidSynth and CopperLan?

 4) Is it possible for you to set the synth.verbose=True option and get
the debug output, and if so, do the messages also stop when the sound stops?