Re: [fluid-dev] No sound after a while of idle due to Active Sensing

From: David Henningsson
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] No sound after a while of idle due to Active Sensing
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2013 14:40:49 +0100

On 10/30/2013 02:04 PM, James L. wrote:
> It is related to Active Sensing as I have an unrelease hotfix from
> CopperLAN with Active Sensing disabled, it sound fine.
>
> A while is around 2-3 mins of MIDI songs playback
>
> I did connected through VMidi 2 port.
>
> Turn verbose on and set midi.winmidi.device to VMidi 2, the error keep
> printed at every 500ms with *synth\fluid_synth.c: line 1224: assertion
> `len > 0' failed*

Hmm. So in current trunk, there is this assertion on line 1234 (not
1224), which indicates that these messages somehow gets turned into
sysex messages although they should not.

I'm attaching a patch. Could you check if the patch helps against this
issue?

(If you don't know how to recompile FluidSynth, contact the person who
provided you with the FluidSynth windows binary.)