Re: [fluid-dev] No sound after a while of idle due to Active Sensing

From: David Henningsson
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] No sound after a while of idle due to Active Sensing
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2013 09:50:39 +0100

On 10/25/2013 07:09 PM, James L. wrote:
> Dear developers, I have no idea what is Active Sensing which I'm facing
> an issue with Fluidsynth. Please advice.
>
> http://www.copperlan.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=210

Hi,

I doubt it is directly related to Active Sensing. The Active Sensing
message is ignored by FluidSynth.

I guess this is going to be difficult to track down without someone
taking the time to debug it thoroughly. So just a few questions:

 1) what version of FluidSynth are you using?

 2) how long is "a while" usually? (Seconds? Minutes? Hours?)

 3) how do you connect FluidSynth and CopperLan?

 4) Is it possible for you to set the synth.verbose=True option and get
the debug output, and if so, do the messages also stop when the sound stops?