Re: [fluid-dev] stereo sounds and panning

From: Antoine Schmitt
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] stereo sounds and panning
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2012 19:04:21 +0200

Thank you, perfect, this seems like a simple and correct solution. I'll do this.
Cheers

Le 19 juin 12 à 18:47, S. Christian Collins a écrit :

Fluidsynth's panning implementation is correct. In the SoundFont spec, instruments are given a set of default modulators that can be overridden by the SoundFont designer if he/she so desires. One of these is the CC
10 -> pan amount, which is set to 500 (50%) by default.  Antoine, you
will need to change this modulator value to 1000 (100%) at the
instrument level to achieve the effect you desire (both samples panned
hard to one side).  You can make this change per assigned sample, but
it's usually most convenient to change the modulator in the instrument's
global zone.

I hope this helps.
-~Chris