Re: [fluid-dev] Rerouting output

From: Nuzhna Pomoshch
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Rerouting output
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2011 01:02:25 -0800 (PST)

--- On Fri, 3/4/11, Dave Serls <address@hidden> wrote:

> The connections listed by aconnect are MIDI only.
> The output of fluidsynth will be audio data (like .wav).

Well, that explains it, although the ability to just pass
through midi would seem useful in this case.

> You should also modify /etc/security/limits.conf to
> enable real time priority for the user or audio group
> which is running fluidsynth and jackd and any other
> audio apps.

I don't have that directory. It seems (after a bit of
reading) that that solution depends on pam (which I don't
use). It also seems that other solutions are deprecated
at the moment, so I don't have any way of adjusting the
priority. :(

> I'm not sure if you are running the GUI apps qjackctl
> and qsynth, or only the CLI programs. Also, your results
> may vary depending on which distribution of Linux that
> you have

I have never had jack installed (though it is not something
I would reject out of hand - like pam). I am basically a
CLI guy (no qsynth).

Thank you for your reply.

Nuzhna