[fluid-dev] Fast file renderer

From: josh
Subject: [fluid-dev] Fast file renderer
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 2009 00:21:38 -0700

Hello David,

I was looking at that bug that I mentioned before, where FluidSynth gets stuck in fluid_player_join() when doing fast file render and the renderer fails to be created (because of invalid format settings for example). I notice that in fluid_player_join() it waits for player->status to not be FLUID_PLAYER_PLAYING, in the case of using the sample timer. This will never happen though, since the player is not in a separate thread and therefore is not advancing. Shouldn't fluid_player_join just do nothing in the case of using the sample_timer?

I also wanted to mention some of my recent commits:
- new_fluid_file_renderer() now just takes a synth instance and gets all other parameters from the synth->settings object.

- The -o help settings list is now alphabetical in order and shows available string options.

- The settings shell command is now also in alphabetical order.

- Added new functions fluid_settings_foreach_alpha, fluid_settings_foreach_option_alpha and fluid_settings_option_count.

Do let me know if you think things should be done differently.

Josh