[fluid-dev] Re: Fast file renderer

From: David Henningsson
Subject: [fluid-dev] Re: Fast file renderer
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 2009 20:34:10 +0200

address@hidden skrev:
> Hello David,
>
> I was looking at that bug that I mentioned before, where FluidSynth gets
> stuck in fluid_player_join() when doing fast file render and the
> renderer fails to be created (because of invalid format settings for
> example).  I notice that in fluid_player_join() it waits for
> player->status to not be FLUID_PLAYER_PLAYING, in the case of using the
> sample timer.  This will never happen though, since the player is not in
> a separate thread and therefore is not advancing.  Shouldn't
> fluid_player_join just do nothing in the case of using the sample_timer?

Good question; in the sample timer case it is the audio thread that
processes midi and so it should advance as long as the audio thread is
running.

In the case of fast rendering, where we do not have an audio thread, I
would say that we should not call fluid_player_join at all.

Suggest that we make (adriver != NULL) or at least (!fast_render) a
condition for calling fluid_player_join in fluidsynth.c.

> - Added new functions fluid_settings_foreach_alpha,
> fluid_settings_foreach_option_alpha and fluid_settings_option_count.

Does it make any sense to keep the non-alphabetical versions?

> Do let me know if you think things should be done differently.

Count on it :-)