Re: [fluid-dev] Some guidelines for FluidSynth development

From: David Henningsson
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Some guidelines for FluidSynth development
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 07:13:18 +0200

address@hidden skrev:
> Quoting David Henningsson <address@hidden>:
>> What about the public API? I assume we would have one doxygen target for
>> the public API and one for "everything". Will that work if we move it
>> into the .c file?
> Yes, if I understand you correctly, the Doxygen documentation can be
> placed in the C file for public API functions and will still get picked
> up by Doxygen.

I also suggest we put a comment in include/fluidsynth.h with
instructions of how to make that doxygen target and a pointer to a
location where it can be browsed online.

>>>  * API: 1.1.0
>>>  */
>> I suggest we use the "since" doxygen command:
>> @since: 1.1.0
> I thought there might be something special for that, but wasn't sure
> what it was.  Sounds good!

To me it seems good to put:

@since: 1.0.9 or earlier

on every existing public API function? That will make it easier to see
what functions you can mess around with and what you have to preserve.
It seems to be boring work though. ;-)