[fluid-dev] More commits

From: josh
Subject: [fluid-dev] More commits
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 16:08:53 -0400

It looks like the fluid_filerenderer.c code was replicated 2 times in the same file (some sort of paste error perhaps?) I removed the duplicates and took the opportunity to move the API docs to the .c file and add "API: 1.1.0" to them.

I'm starting to get a little annoyed by the coding style in FluidSynth. I suppose we should have probably done a mass code formatting operation as the first task, since if we do it now, it will be more difficult to determine what we have changed in the new branch. Its still pretty early in the game though, so perhaps sooner than later would be good?

How does this look?

fluid_thread_t *
new_fluid_thread (fluid_thread_func_t func, void *data, int detach)
{
  GThread *thread;
  GError *err = NULL;

  g_return_val_if_fail (func != NULL, NULL);

  thread = g_thread_create ((GThreadFunc)func, data, detach == FALSE, &err);

  if (!thread)
  {
    FLUID_LOG (FLUID_ERR, "Failed to create the thread: %s",
               fluid_gerror_message (err));
    g_clear_error (&err);
  }

  return thread;
}

I know coding style is a rather personal matter, but it would be good to agree on it to some extent ;)

- Function return value on its own line
- Indent by 2 spaces
- Braces on new lines
- Spaces before open parenthesis '('
- Spaces between the data type and pointer '*' argument instead of the other way around (i.e., 'void *data' not 'void* data'

I've been wanting to turn off tabs altogether with editors, since it can be annoying when editors don't agree on how many spaces a tab is.

I imagine the most important is just to have some consistency.

Cheers.
     Josh