fle3-dev

Re: [Fle3-dev] Rethinking Knowledege Building

From: Bo Granlund
Subject: Re: [Fle3-dev] Rethinking Knowledege Building
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 17:08:16 +0200

Janne told me it's much nicer to flame in public than do it in private,
so here goes. :)

> I have been lately (again) thinking how we could overcome the limitation
> of threaded discussion in the Knowledge Building (KB). I would like to
> make it more explicit in the KB's user interface that it is not just
> another "discussion forum" or "bulletin board" (in a way it is but there
> is different idea behind the KB). To do this I have thought two possible
> solutions. The first one is rather simple to implement. The second one
> needs a lot of work.

Please, please do not make a mega-iteration of 4months developing that
feature. I already forsee a sleepless night fixing something that went
sideways with the new release and old fle_exports, etc. :) I don't like
sleepless nights, because my gestapo employer demands I come to work at
unearthly hours each day. :)

Yours truly,
Bo