fle3-dev

[Fle3-dev] ZODB bloat

From: Tim Wilson
Subject: [Fle3-dev] ZODB bloat
Date: Tue Oct 8 23:37:01 2002

Hi everyone,

Is there any additional information about the ZODB bloat I reported a
couple weeks ago. I'm still stilling my ZODB go from 170 MB to 1.5 GB
with a single class of 30 students in a single day. I was messing around
a bit tonight and discovered that simply going in and marking some
discussions messages as "read" and viewing a couple artefacts caused
ZODB to go from 170 MB to 185 MB. This occurred in about 5 minutes and
very minimal navigation.

Is marking a thread or message as "read" an undoable event? I suppose
that could explain the bloat.

-Tim

--
Tim Wilson      |   Visit Sibley online:   | Check out:
Henry Sibley HS |  http://www.isd197.org   | http://www.zope.com