fab-user

[Fab-user] glob patterns on put()

From: Dennis Schoen
Subject: [Fab-user] glob patterns on put()
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2009 14:26:49 +0100

Hi,

I like to add support for glob patterns to put().

When I tried out fabric for the first time I wrote "put('*', '/some/ path')" and was suprised it didn't work. The detailed error msg "Failure" wasn't very helpful too. ;-)

I have a few questions:
- which python versions does fabric want to support? Any objections to using the glob[1] module? - what if we copy multiple files and one of them fails? Should the put() fail?

I also have a github fork[2] with two small patches:
- fix typo and remove trailing whitespace in description
- fix command line argument parsing test

comments appreciated.

Thanks,
Dennis

1: http://docs.python.org/library/glob.html
2: git://github.com/roccoblues/fabric.git