fab-user

[Fab-user] sudo to non-root account

From: Dan Fairs
Subject: [Fab-user] sudo to non-root account
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 15:18:58 +0000

Hi,

Is it possible to specify a user id for the sudo() command? On our app server, files are actually owned by an app-specific account, not root - so for deployment, it would be handy to be able to specify the user to sudo 'to'.

If not, I guess I can work around by doing a big fat 'chown' at the end of the process, but it's not ideal. (I'd probably try to fork and fix the github master).

Cheers,
Dan

--
Dan Fairs <address@hidden> | http://www.fezconsulting.com/