[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: planner-muse buggy?

From: Michael Olson
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: planner-muse buggy?
Date: Tue, 04 Jul 2006 11:58:13 -0400

"Uwe Jochum" <address@hidden> writes:

> I wanted to switch from emacs-wiki to muse, using the
> planner-muse-port. There are two things that don't work properly on my
> machine, which runs Slackware 10.2 (using Window Maker):

The port of Planner to Muse is complete, namely: it became Planner
3.40, with 3.41 being the next version of that.

See
http://www.plannerlove.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php?n=Main.DownloadingPlanner
for directions on getting Planner that will stay up-to-date.

> 1. When I start Emacs the Emacs window is somehow shrinked and devided
>    into a left part (which is black) and a right part (which is
>    white). The phenomenon disappears when I change the size of the Emacs
>    window after having started Emacs. This is no big problem, but it's a
>    rather strange behavior.

That's most likely not a Planner problem.

>    und the muse-planner is MUCH slower than starting Emacs with
>    emacs-wiki and the old planner port. Hm. (All files I use are
>    compiled, of course.)

I fixed at least one major slowdown in Planner 3.41.

> 2. planner-appt.el doesn't work properly: scheduled appointments (I meen
>    those in the Schedule section of a planner page) which should send an
>    appointment alarm in advance don't send the alarm (task related
>    appointments send the alarm...).

Some planner-appt improvements were made in 3.41 as well.

--
Michael Olson -- FSF Associate Member #652 -- http://www.mwolson.org/
Interests: Emacs Lisp, text markup, protocols -- Jabber: mwolson_at_hcoop.net