Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: How to print a one-week schedule

From: Jim Ottaway
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: How to print a one-week schedule
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 11:48:50 +0000

> Le 08-03-2006, Jim Ottaway <address@hidden> a crit:
>>> Besides, is there a way I can make the day (Monday,
>>> Tuesday, etc.) appear as
>>> well?  For example:
>>> ,----
>>> `----
>>
>> That's a good idea.  I don't have time to do this at the moment; I
>> have added an item about it to the planner bug list.
>>

> Yes, I would really like it too.

> I am very happy with planner now :-) The only thing I miss is a nice
> picture of the appointments. For me, a nice picture is something
> that I can read at a glance with just one keystroke.

> At the moment, it is difficult to rapidly check the appointments
> displayed with planner-appt-forthcoming-display since there are many
> dates to read.  With this amelioration, it would be much
> easier. Indeed, it would be possible to add colors with
> font-lock. For instance, suppose that the strings "Saturday" and
> "Sunday" are colored in Green. Then it would be possible to call
> planner-appt-forthcoming-display with 30 days.  The different weeks
> would be clearly identified, since they would be separated by the
> week-ends displayed in green. And within a week, it would be easy to
> localize the day using the indication "Monday,Tuesday...". It would
> be the month view that I miss.

I have tried to implement this in the attached file [just load it
after planner-appt].  It uses abbreviated day names Mon, Tue, etc.,
mostly for laziness - to save the trouble of finding the longest full
day name - but I think it looks better like that anyway.

What do you think?  If it works and you like it, I can add it to
planner-appt.

Regards,
--
Jim Ottaway