Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: How to print a one-week schedule

From: Jim Ottaway
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: How to print a one-week schedule
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 22:31:30 +0000

> Hi Jim,

> Thank you very much for the code :-)

> It works except that the variable
> calendar-abbrev-length was not set
> and the line
> (setq  calendar-abbrev-length 4) was to be added
> (maybe the variable could be defcustomed).

Hmm. It is defined in calendar. Obviously, it would require requiring
calendar at some stage.

> I also replaced the line
>   (planner-filename-to-calendar-date (car a)) t)
> with the following:
>      (planner-filename-to-calendar-date (car a))
>      calendar-abbrev-length nil)
> since the arguments of
> planner-filename-to-calendar-date were not consistent
> and the function didn't run.

Hmm, again. My version was correct for my calendar-day-name: the t
argument tells it to abbreviate the day name.

What version of Emacs do you have?  And what does the documentation
for calendar-day-name say about its arguments?

--
Jim Ottaway