Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: <notes> and <index> tags in Planner

From: Dale Smith
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: <notes> and <index> tags in Planner
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 12:24:04 -0500

On 11/30/05, Sacha Chua <address@hidden> wrote:
> Dale Smith <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > What must I do to get these to work again, or what is the proper
> > planner-muse way of getting the same thing?
>
> The new planner-sectionalize code trampled on our <notes> tag, but I
> have a very ugly hack at
> http://sacha.free.net.ph/notebook/emacs/planner-muse-config.el that
> gets notes working again for me. =)

Thanks Sachac.  Based on that code, I've come up with this.  The
<index> works. (Yay!), but the <notes-toc> does not. :(   It seems
that planner-notes-get-headlines is always returning nil.  But when I
C-x C-e (planner-notes-get-headlines) in the same page, it returns the
list of items as it should.  I'm stumped.  (note that the doc strings
are left over from where I cut and pasted.  Sorry.)

(require 'assoc)

(aput 'planner-publish-markup-tags "notes-toc" '(nil nil
dsmith/planner-publish-notes-tag))
(aput 'planner-publish-markup-tags "index" '(nil nil
dsmith/planner-generate-index))

(defun dsmith/planner-generate-index (beg end)
  "Generate an index of all Wiki pages.
List planner pages separately. If AS-LIST is non-nil, format it
as a list. If EXCLUDE-PRIVATE is non-nil, exclude anything for
which `muse-project-private-p' returns non-nil."
  (delete-region beg end)
  (insert (planner-index-as-string nil nil)))

(defun dsmith/planner-publish-notes-tag (beg end)
  "Replace the region BEG to END with the notes for this page.
Idiosyncratic."
  (delete-region beg end)
  (insert "\n")
  (mapcar