Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Thoughts about Reverse Linking

From: Bastien Guerry
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Thoughts about Reverse Linking
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 20:50:56 +0100

Jim Ottaway writes:

> - It would take a project or list of projects as an argument, so
> that one can search projects other than the planner one.

`planner-registry-initialize' asks for a project name and create a
[ProjectName]Registry file in the project directory.

`planner-registry-update' updates this file.

`planner-registry-create': if you use a registry file, create a
registry variable according to this file; if you don't use a file,
update the registry variable without writing to any file.

> - It would derive the annotation from context, so there would be no
> need for a separate function for each kind of annotation.

Ok. I'll implement that.

> - And it would only search for the url of the annotation, since the
> description as supplied by the annotation function may have been
> subsequently edited.

Ok.

Then `planner-registry-show-annotation' displays a new buffer with a
list of pages pointing to the file/message you're currently visiting.

I hope i can send the first draft this week-end.

--
Bastien