[emacs-wiki-discuss] New behavior when marking tasks complete?

From: johnsu01
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] New behavior when marking tasks complete?
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 18:18:09 -0400

So, I did an update after letting things get a bit stale for a while, and was
caught off guard by what seem to be some new defaults for what happens when I
mark a task complete.

Immediately after marking the task complete, I guess now sorting happens?  So
that the task ends up down toward the bottom of the page with the other
completed tasks? I'm undecided whether I like that behavior, but I definitely
do _not_ like the fact that point jumps up to the first task in the list, no
matter where I was before.

I guess I can just track down what changed and change it back, but I really
don't think it's a good idea to move point by default. I still keep
accidentally marking the wrong tasks complete, because I'm trying to mark 3
tasks in a row, even after a couple of days of getting used to the new
behavior.

Assuming this really is a new default and not something weird about my setup,
anyone want to present the case for having it this way?

--
-johnsu01
-http://www.wjsullivan.net