Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] New behavior when marking tasks complete?

From: johnsu01
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] New behavior when marking tasks complete?
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 23:37:24 -0400

"Charles philip Chan" <address@hidden> writes:

> On 29 Jun
> 2005, address@hidden wrote:
>

>> Perhaps an explanation of what "fixing" tasks means is needed in the doc
>> string.
>
> Agreed.
>
>> I set it to nil. This does stop the completed task from moving. But, now
>> point moves to the _last_ task instead of the first task.
>> So, this point-moving seems to be bug rather than feature?
>
> IMHO, I think it is a bug. Ideally, it should go to the next open task.

Unfortunately, I'm now running into more bugs that I think might be related.

1) I use M-x grep a lot to navigate my planner pages. Since updating, C-x `
   after a grep no longer takes me to the next grep result. In this case, there
   was a group of grep results that were all on the same page. Normally C-x `
   would jump down to the next result. But currently, it doesn't move point at
   all.

2) I ran into an "Invalid regular expression: regular expression too big" error
   while trying to mark a task complete on that same page. I lost the backtrace
   because my emacs entire session crashed immediately afterward. I'll post it
   if I get it again. Did I see this error reported already to the list? I'll
   have to go back and check.

Both of these errors were experienced with the default setting.

Also, my original reporting of point moving to the first task isn't
accurate. It's moving to what seem to be random places. Sometimes to the top of
the tasks, sometimes to the end, sometimes somewhere in between. I'll try to
see if there is a pattern.

Ack, I just tested the grep thing again, and now it is working. But it
definitely was not working previously.

--
-johnsu01
-http://www.wjsullivan.net