[emacs-wiki-discuss] My Requiremnts - Your recommandiations.

From: Paul D. Kraus
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] My Requiremnts - Your recommandiations.
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 08:11:53 -0400

I have been digging and experimenting with all of the planner options and programs trying to figure out how to get it to work for me and its just making these really confusing. So I figure if I tell you guys what I want out of my planner and you can help me use the right tools and configuration.

I want to be able to have ABC123 tasks the prioritize and sort based on both the letter and the number when ever I change a tasks priority. I should be able to create reoccurring tasks.

I want to be able to keep track of appointments and a "calendar". I have been playing with Diary, calendar, and integration into planner. This is working well now.

I want to be able to take notes that are linked to the tasks and are available to read from the day page, and the taskpool. This i can't get to work. Seems like they don't get updated on all the pages and if I delete one it messes up linking rather the removing the links from the other pages.

I want to be able to "Publish" my work related tasks and schedule to a web page so that my managers can get a good idea of what I am working on. I do not want my personal calendar, appointments, tasks to get published.

I want to be able to keep a daily journal/diary where I can just jot down my thoughts of the day and be able to easily find and review them at my leisure. This should not be built into my task pages. These writing our of a very personal nature. I should be able to publish these to a pdf document or web page for easy reading over several days/months.

Thanks for all your help. Emacs is a great tool but its a bit complicated to get it setup and understand how to use it so that all the various parts work together rather then independently.

Paul