[emacs-wiki-discuss] planner-edit-task-description and timeclock

From: John Sullivan
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] planner-edit-task-description and timeclock
Date: Fri, 03 Jun 2005 13:07:44 -0400

After planner-edit-task-description, the .timelog file is edited so that all
past instances of that task description are edited.

I'm interested to hear what people think about this. I don't think it quite fits
with my workflow.

For example, lately I have been in the habit of editing a task description to
say "follow-up:" at the beginning and then rescheduling the task for a day in
the future. I do this after I have done the initial action but still need to do
something more in the future. The reason I do it this way is to preserve the
existing annotation information, and to avoid retyping some of the description
again.

So, it doesn't actually make sense for the previous instances in the .timelog
file to be changed, because they were the initial doing of the task, while the
follow-up task is not exactly a new task but not exactly the same task either.

I'll give some more thought to whether my habit is a good one. Maybe I should
be copying or re-creating the annotation information as part of a new task.

In the meantime, I'd love to hear what other people think about this, and what
some different approaches to configure the behavior could be.

--
-johnsu01
-http://www.wjsullivan.net