Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Including RSS feeds in a project page

From: johnsu01
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Including RSS feeds in a project page
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 10:35:11 -0500

Chris Lowis <address@hidden> writes:

> John Sullivan wrote:
>> Here's a first quick effort at something like what you are talking about.
>
> Thank you very much ! I have been playing around with this code, and also get
> the "crash" you mention occasionally. Also at the moment, the function returns
> "nil" when I evaluate it between <lisp> tags, I'll have to play around with
> the
> debugger to find out why.
>
> The del.icio.us server seems to be quite frequently slow or down, so perhaps
> grabbing the del.icio.us links "on the fly" is not such a great idea. I keep a
> nightly backup (http://rentzsch.com/notes/backingUpDelicious) of the delicious
> bookmarks as an xml file. Perhaps I need a function that parses this static
> file to get related bookmarks, that way the tool would also work "offline".
>
> Thanks for getting me started ! Things like this are fun, but not conducive to
> "real work" :)

Cool, I'll work on it some more.

I'll explore the crash thing and see if it is a bug or something about <lisp>
tags that I don't understand.

And yes, grabbing on the fly is a bad idea I think. I'll make it deal with a
cached copy of your posts.

delicious-el already caches all of the posts, so it won't be hard.

-John