[emacs-wiki-discuss] arranging notes..

From: Gijs Hillenius
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] arranging notes..
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 10:54:36 +0200

Hello all,

I have less than 24 hrs experience with planner-mode. I am curious to
see if planner-mode is 'better' than notes-mode, which I have played
with for the last few months. Planner certainly looks more colorful!

Hope it is alright to ask a question (already)..

My main use for notes-mode is keeping of, eh, notes. Notes-mode
indexes those, and I can jump to previous notes I made on the same
subject (they are recognized by notes, using auto completion to
browse the list of subjects). That way I try to keep track of progress
on that subject, and it in any case helps me remember questions or
thoughts on these.

Can planner do this or something similar? Is that what is meant with
the phrase 'If PlannerMode recognizes the buffer as one with context
then it will include a hyperlink at the bottom' (from the quick start
page on emacswiki.org)?

Thanks in advance for tips and suggestions,
I am looking forward to work with this!

Gijs, Netherlands