[emacs-wiki-discuss] No more breaking links during fill

From: Michael Olson
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] No more breaking links during fill
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 23:16:40 -0500

I figured out how to keep long extended links like [[link][text]] from
being broken up when you execute fill.  If you want to use this with
emacs-wiki, just replace all uses of "muse" with "emacs-wiki".  The
following code also prevents flyspell from trying to highlight text in
links.

(defun my-muse-mode-affect-p ()
  "Indicate whether this text should be messed with.
If nil is returned, it means that we should not fill here or
spell-check here.  If non-nil, it is safe to do both of these
things."
  (save-excursion
    (save-match-data
      (null (and (re-search-backward "\\[\\[\\|\\]\\]"
                                     (line-beginning-position) t)
                 (string= (or (match-string 0) "")
                          "[["))))))

;; Make flyspell not mess with links
(put 'muse-mode
     'flyspell-mode-predicate
     'my-muse-mode-affect-p)

;; Make fill not split up links
(eval-after-load "fill"
  (add-to-list 'fill-nobreak-predicate
               (lambda nil (null (my-muse-mode-affect-p)))))

I think I might include the fill-nobreak part of it (but not the
flyspell part) in future versions of emacs-wiki and Muse.  Would that
be OK with everyone?

--
Michael Olson -- FSF Associate Member #652 -- http://www.mwolson.org/
Jabber: mwolson_at_hcoop.net -- IRC: mwolson on freenode.net: #muse, #pulug