[emacs-wiki-discuss] planner-authz ideas and questions

From: Dryice Liu
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] planner-authz ideas and questions
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 21:59:36 +0800

I'm planning on publishing my planner pages and utilize planner-authz
to protect my privacy. It's not easy to get started for a Perl and
Mason newbie like me, but it worth all the trouble. However I'm still
miss some features and as a planner-authz newbie I would ask first to
see if this is already available:

A "#authz" directive that opens the project to everyone. I want to
protect most of my pages so I have `planner-authz-project-default'
set. And this makes anonymous users (without a user id) can't access
any page. Is there some thing like a "#authz all" or "#authz nil" that
opens the page to everyone?

Access control based on section name. I have some extra sections
except for tasks, notes, and appt. And I'm missing something like
(("SectionA" . ("user1" "user2"))
("sectionB" . ("user3" "user4"))
("sectionC" . all))
One way to do this is to surround the section with <authz> tag before
planner-authz do the real work and remove them when the work is done
:)

I'm using planner-trunk and for some subsections all the content are
hidden and only the subsection title is left. This is not a big issue,
though :)

--
Dryice @ http://dryice.3322.org

See http://www.fsf.org/philosophy/sylvester-response.html