Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Planner.el Newbie Question

From: Jose Antonio Ortega
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Planner.el Newbie Question
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 22:48:30 +0100

On Jan 19, 2005, at 18:42, Marcus Vorwaller wrote:

Jody,
Thank you for your reply, however I've searched Google and seen both
of sites you linked to, and, from what I can tell, neither answer my
two (very basic I hope) questions that deal specifically with getting
planner.el to run.  I have Emacs up and running and can edit files and
load included packages, that's no problem.  I just don't know:

1. where the .emacs file that is mentioned in the README is located or
should be created on OS X  if I am using the Emacs build from Mindlube
and

If your username is, say, jody, usually it's /Users/jody/.emacs

2. which folder to put the planner.el (and other files included with
the sacha-dev.tar.gz archive.

/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/ will do (although you can put it anywhere in your load-path: inside Emacs, C-h v load-path will display the value of this variable).

HTH,
jao