Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] a couple more planner things

From: John Sullivan
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] a couple more planner things
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 06:26:31 -0400

On Wed, 9 Jun 2004 4:37am, Yvonne Thomson wrote:

The second one's a bit more interesting, I promise. Or at least I hope
so. If you're on a
certain planner date page, and use planner-create-task-from-buffer to
create a task, I think it'd be a bit more intuitive to have the date
default to that date, rather than the actual system date.

I've thought about this some too, and there are definitely times when that would be convenient, but I think that overall I prefer to have the default be the system date. I'm not looking at the day page for most of the tasks I create when I create them. I guess there is also the option to have a separate command for planner-create-task-this-page or something like that. Does planner-create-task-from-buffer take arguments? If so, maybe you can make your own binding to create a task on the current page.

It'd be even
nicer, but probably not as useful, to be able to create a planner task
from the calendar for a day the same way you can view or jump to it.

This I would like, because it fits with the diary style of adding entries. I might not use it on my desktop much---it is so slow that browsing plan pages via the calendar is not an option---but I would use it at work and on my laptop.

-John