Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Planner trying to open links with web brows

From: John Sullivan
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Planner trying to open links with web browser
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 20:21:35 -0400

Sacha Chua <address@hidden> writes:

> John Sullivan <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I figured out the issue. I was moving point onto the Email link and
>> hitting enter. Of course it appears as though point is right at the
>> beginning of the link, but in fact it is a few characters into the
>
> I can visit a link from the middle of the link and things turn out
> fine. Odd. When you're doing this, is the link "E-mail from ..." or the
> unhighlighted one like
>
> #B2  _ Testing from [[gnus://mail.planner/<address@hidden>][E-Mail from John
> Sullivan]] {{Tasks:861}} (TaskPool)
>
> ? Hitting RET on a link only works if it's highlighted properly, and
> for some reason, sometimes links aren't...

The links are highlighted.

> If I understand correctly, your problem report is:
>
> If you move the point into a highlighted link and hit RET in the
> middle, the URL is not properly recognized.

That's right.

> Can you reproduce this with the latest planner sources? I've tried it
> with emacs -q --no-site-file and planner-lisp, but did not encounter a
> problem.

I did reproduce it with the latest dev sources and emacs -q
--no-site-file. With only emacs-wiki.el, planner-el and
planner-gnus.el loaded, it behaved the same way.

Interesting note though---at first, I forgot to load planner-gnus. It
did not try to browse-url in that case. It just opened a new buffer
with the name being the id of the linked message.

-John