Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Planner trying to open links with web browser

From: John Sullivan
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Planner trying to open links with web browser
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2004 15:57:18 -0400

address@hidden writes:

> ,-- On Sat, 10 Apr, John Sullivan wrote:

> | Why might Planner now be trying to open some of the links in tasks

> | using my web browser rather than the appropriate program? The links it

> | has been doing this with are links to Gnus messages. It tries the web

> | browser with older tasks (unfortunately the ones on my

> | Planner_Documentation project page :) ) but not with more recently

> | created ones. Of course the browser returns the error message that

> | 'gnus' is not a registered protocol.

> | I'm using the most recent development branch.

> | Any ideas what I screwed up here?

> My guess is that the function that is supposed to find the

> messages returns nil for some reason (which causes the calling

> function to try out the next function in the list - forgot which

> list, something like planner-browse-url-functions - and

> ultimately that calls browse-url, that calls your normal

> browser).

> Since it only happens with older tasks, I'd say these messages

> are not found anymore?  (re-search-forward returns nil if nothing

> is found.  BTW, Sacha: I'd set this to re-search-backward: one is

> more likely to need recent messages.)

The messages do still exist actually. In the same gnus folder they

were in when they were linked. Now, I did mark them with an * to keep

them in the article cache. Perhaps this is the problem. It might

explain why the more recent tasks work fine, because their messages

are not yet past the expiry date..

-John