Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Error in init file: File error: "Cannot open lo

From: David Masterson
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Error in init file: File error: "Cannot open load file", "backquote"
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 14:12:47 -0800 (PST)

Hmmm.  One I can possibly answer.  :-)

The "backquote.el" is a file in the normal (X)Emacs distribution and
is loaded by emacs-wiki.  Apparently, backquote is not in the
distribution of Emacs on your PDA.  You might compare your setup with
a setup on a UNIX system and see if you can find this file.  Then
copy it to your PDA.  You might look at emacs-wiki and see what
"require" and "load" statements it has so you can be sure that you
have all the load modules that emacs-wiki depends on.

--- Helge Kosuch <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hallo Emacs-Wikizens!
>
> I am trying to get to run EmacsWiki on my PDA (PocketPC).
>
> Emacs 20.7 is running perfectly.
>
> But while loading "emacs-wiki.el" I get:
> ---
> Error in init file: File error: "Cannot open load file",
> "backquote"
> ---
>
> Can anybody give me any hints what I can do about this?
>
> How can I at least find out more about the error, e. g. the line
> where I
> will find it?
>
> I am sure that Emacs DOES find "emacs-wiki.el", because when I
> rename it to
> some other filename, I get:
> Error in init file: File error: "Cannot open load file",
> "emacs-wiki.el"
>
> Thank you very much for any hint,
>
> :) Helge

=====