Re: Moving some lisp/ob-*.el files to org-contrib - your advice?

From: Timothy
Subject: Re: Moving some lisp/ob-*.el files to org-contrib - your advice?
Date: Tue, 04 May 2021 01:49:31 +0800

This is only tangentally related, but this feels like a relevant place
to mention this and I don't think it deserves its own thread.

I think it's also worth considering deleting ob-julia.el from
org-contrib. Not to put to fine a point on things, but it's currently
dysfunctional. Trying to execute any code in a session causes Emacs to
freeze. Simply put, it was written for pre-1.0 Julia and is no longer
fit for purpose.

For the future, I'd think Julia actually warrants 1st class inclusion in
Org, and I've instigated an effort to write an ob-julia that works well.
More on this once it reaches a usable state.

-----

Regarding your the list of proposed files to move to org-contrib, I
concur that they fall under the bar you're setting.

Just going from the fact I haven't heard of them, perhaps ob-groovy.el,
ob-io.el, and ob-shen.el may be worth adding to the list?

--
Timothy