Re: Request to backport fix for CVE-2022-45939 to Emacs 28

From: Corwin Brust
Subject: Re: Request to backport fix for CVE-2022-45939 to Emacs 28
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2023 14:33:39 -0600

On Fri, Feb 17, 2023 at 8:01 AM Stefan Kangas <stefankangas@gmail.com> wrote:

> I can test the tarball on GNU/Linux and macOS.  Could someone please
> volunteer to help test build it on other platforms (such as MS-Windows)?

I created a set of binaries for Windows from the emacs-28-rc1 tarball;
they are on the alpha FTP site, here:

https://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/pretest/windows/emacs-28/?C=M;O=D

I noticed nothing unusual per the 28.1 and 28.2 builds, except perhaps
that the prerelease calls itself 28.3 and not 28.2.90 or such.

I hope these will help others, for whom compiling under Windows isn't
convenient, to help spot any issues. FWIW, it's working fine for me so
far.  It handled startup with my normal config properly, including
connecting to IRC, twitch via IRC, etc.  I'll report any issues I do
find running under Windows.