Re: emacs-29 b18754bb179: Minor improvements in c-ts-mode and docs

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: emacs-29 b18754bb179: Minor improvements in c-ts-mode and docs
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2023 09:32:11 +0200

> Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2023 22:32:43 +0200
> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
> From: Dmitry Gutov <dgutov@yandex.ru>
>
> > That'd be a hard sell for users of C mode, as I presume they are used
> > to have it.  I do.
>
> Maybe they are. But AFAICT your commit was not associated with a
> particular bug report.

It was my own "bug report", I just short-circuited it by fixing the
problem instead of reporting it.  The trigger was another review of
the relevant sections in the Emacs manual and in the CC Mode manual,
and of my own customizations.  I consider it confusing and sub-optimal
to have some C-related feature described in the Emacs user manual that
works only in CC Mode.  We have a couple of other keybindings in
c-ts-mode.el, for the same reasons.