Re: emacs-29 b18754bb179: Minor improvements in c-ts-mode and docs

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: emacs-29 b18754bb179: Minor improvements in c-ts-mode and docs
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2023 14:03:19 +0200

> Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2023 13:17:41 +0200
> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
> From: Dmitry Gutov <dgutov@yandex.ru>
>
> On 16/02/2023 09:32, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > I consider it confusing and sub-optimal
> > to have some C-related feature described in the Emacs user manual that
> > works only in CC Mode.  We have a couple of other keybindings in
> > c-ts-mode.el, for the same reasons.
>
> I'm not going to chime in about every such keybinding, but this could be
> our chance to reduce inconsistency between C mode and other language modes.

We could at least discuss that, sure.  Is there a list of
inconsistencies between those modes available anywhere?

The next question, of course, is how to go about reducing the
inconsistencies.  What you proposed here is simply drop the
keybinding, but that might not be a good idea for other
inconsistencies, even if we finally decide that for this one it is
okay.