Re: has the emoji support been enhanced on master?

From: Po Lu
Subject: Re: has the emoji support been enhanced on master?
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2023 18:36:27 +0800

Werner LEMBERG <wl@gnu.org> writes:

> I'm using openSUSE 15.4, too, and in my Emacs (self-compiled from git two
> weeks ago) I see both Emojis (image attached).

Hi, Werner.

I'm not sure if this is the right place to reach you about this problem,
but I'm seeing some mysterious behavior in FreeType.

As part of the Android port, I'm writing a module to display TrueType
fonts.  This includes a TrueType interpreter for instructing fonts.

AFAIU, as long as a font does not perform an INSTCTRL which sets bit 2
in the instruction control, changes made to the graphics state from the
control value program will become the ``default'' state from which
glyphs are instructed.

However, some CJK fonts perform no INSTCTRL instructions at all, change
the projection vector and rp1 from prep, yet FreeType resets both to the
X axis and 0 respectively before any glyph programs are run.

Am I missing anything?  If not, could you tell me where this behavior is
documented?

Thanks.