Re: Some performance questions.

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Some performance questions.
Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2023 15:46:49 +0200

> Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2023 12:49:28 +0100
> From: Ergus <spacibba@aol.com>
>
> 1) The new c-ts-mode-indent-style is a bit confusing for a cc-mode
> user...,

That is strange, since it's supposed to support (a subset of) the same
styles that CC mode support, including the default GNU style.

> could you add some similar/equivalent examples than the ones in the
> cc-mode documentation in order to extrapolate/translate?
>
>   OR
>
> Is it possible to use add examples of equivalent implementations between
> c-offsets-alist and c-ts-mode-indent-style.

This is supposed to work via indentation styles, see below.

> 2) In case the user wants to modify an indentation style, is it possible
> to use another existing style and use it as base template like
> c-add-style does?

See c-ts-mode-set-style (bound to "C-c .", as in CC mode) and
c-ts-mode-set-global-style.

> 3) Which of the cc-hooks (c-hanging-braces-alist, c-cleanup-list and
> c-hanging-semi&comma-criteria) is already possible to reproduce with ts?
> some example please :(

Please describe the behavior you want to see and didn't see in
c-ts-mode, the CC mode variables are not used in c-ts-mode.

> 4) Is it possible already (I am sure that in the future they will), to
> create behaviors like c-lineup-arglist,
> c-lineup-arglist-intro-after-paren, or c-snug-do-while?

Again, please request features.  I'm not sure I even know what these
do.