Re: Finalizing 'inhibit-automatic-native-compilation'

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Finalizing 'inhibit-automatic-native-compilation'
Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2023 09:52:04 +0200

> From: Aymeric Agon-Rambosson <aymeric.agon@yandex.com>
> Cc: Sean Whitton <spwhitton@spwhitton.name>, Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org>,
>  monnier@iro.umontreal.ca, emacs-devel@gnu.org, larsi@gnus.org,
>  rlb@defaultvalue.org
> Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2023 08:26:09 +0100
>
> > I don't think this is a native comp specific problem, I'm sure one
> > can find similar examples also on non native comp enabled Emacses.
>
> This is very possible, but in the cases I mentioned (projectile,
> yasnippet and beginend), the test failures or errors disappeared
> when we excluded the primitives from trampoline
> compilation.

We already have the mechanism for disabling trampoline compilations,
and will continue supporting that: the comp-enable-subr-trampolines
variable.  Are you saying that it is not selective enough, and that in
some cases you needed to disable only trampolines for specific subrs?
IOW, is anything else needed in addition to
comp-enable-subr-trampolines to support those cases you mention?  If
so, what else is needed?

Thanks.