Re: How to implement mouse highlighing in tabulated list mode, just like

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: How to implement mouse highlighing in tabulated list mode, just like for buttons?
Date: Sat, 04 Feb 2023 21:01:02 +0200

> Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2023 21:47:07 +0300
> From: Jean Louis <bugs@gnu.support>
> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
>
>    (add-text-properties (line-beginning-position) (line-end-position)
>                         '(mouse-face highlight))
>
> Thank you.
>
> Is there any way to make something like this automatically? Maybe by
> defining mouse face to have that property?

What do you mean by "that property"?

mouse-face is a text property, and 'highlight' is on of its possible
values.  I don't think we have a feature whereby an arbitrary text
property can be put on every line of buffer text.

> I wonder if it would slow down the listings in tabulated-list-mode.

When the mouse-face has the value 'highlight', it is only shown when
the mouse pointer is above the text with that property.  Otherwise,
the text is displayed normally.