Re: How to implement mouse highlighing in tabulated list mode, just like

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: How to implement mouse highlighing in tabulated list mode, just like for buttons?
Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2023 21:47:07 +0300

* Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> [2023-02-04 20:06]:
> > Date: Sat, 04 Feb 2023 17:52:41 +0100
> > From: Jean Louis <bugs@gnu.support>
> >
> > I would prefer if I can hover hl-line-mode highlighted line up and
> > down by only moving the mouse in tabulated list mode.
> >
> > Is that possible somehow?
> >
> > Or if highlighted line from hl-line-mode is not movable, then maybe it
> > could be possible to highlight lines in tabulated list mode, in the
> > same way how lines are highlighted when mouse hovers over Emacs buttons.
>
> Put the mouse-face property on each line, and you have it.

   (add-text-properties (line-beginning-position) (line-end-position)
                        '(mouse-face highlight))

Thank you.

Is there any way to make something like this automatically? Maybe by
defining mouse face to have that property?

I wonder if it would slow down the listings in tabulated-list-mode.

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

In support of Richard M. Stallman