Re: Tree-sitter api

From: Phil Sainty
Subject: Re: Tree-sitter api
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2022 18:19:43 +1300

On 2022-03-30 17:29, Yuan Fu wrote:
On Mar 29, 2022, at 8:39 PM, Po Lu <luangruo@yahoo.com> wrote:
But you can have the cake and eat it too, by making `ts' (or some
other short prefix) a shorthand for `tree-sitter' in the files
where you want to use it.

That’s true. I have some worries like whether people know about this
feature and whether they will use it, but perhaps these aren’t real
problems.

My recollection is that shorthands are not to be used in Emacs core.
(I believe it was confirmed that they will be used only for certain
pre-existing cases where renaming was not an option, and would not be
allowed in core Emacs code.)

tree-sitter- doesn't seem very long to me, and I'm not sure there's
any acronym which replaces it suitably (it's a slightly weird name,
after all).

Developers can always define an abbrev "ts" to expand to "tree-sitter-"
if they are typing it a great deal?

-Phil