Re: [GNU ELPA] New package proposal: aggressive-completion.el

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: [GNU ELPA] New package proposal: aggressive-completion.el
Date: Sat, 03 Apr 2021 15:43:23 +0200

Hi Philip,

> Just tried out the package, and it seems to work very well! I just
> have two annoyances:
>
> 1. Where there are too many options, lag is noticeable (eg. with C-h o).

There's a knob for that: `aggressive-completion-max-shown-completions'.

> 2. The completion buffer keeps appearing and disappearing, shrinking
>    and growing.

The *Completions* buffer should appear as soon as there is at least one
and at most `aggressive-completion-max-shown-completions' completions,
and it'll disappear when completion selected a unique match.  Do you see
something different?

Wrt. the resizing: that's the standard completion help behavior you'd
also see when double-TAB-ing during completion.  Not sure if there's a
way to restrict that window's height.

Bye,
Tassilo