Re: EIEIO default constructor function

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: EIEIO default constructor function
Date: Sat, 03 Apr 2021 09:48:40 -0400

> So my question is, what is the rationale behind *always* creating a
> wrapper for `make-instance'?

You'll have to ask Eric Ludlam ;-)

> Could we perhaps add some sort of
> class-option to disable the wrapper creation?

We could, yes.  I suggest you `M-x report-emacs-bug` so we don't forget.
Ideally attach a patch ;-)
We may also want to make those constructor functions conditional on
`eieio-backward-compatibility`.

You might also consider using `cl-defstruct`, which
doesn't suffer from such problems and is lighter weight.

        Stefan