Re: new coding system (was: Re: prettify symbols question)

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: new coding system (was: Re: prettify symbols question)
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2020 12:27:38 -0500

   > If Kenichi Handa can help, that would be very nice -- it isn't a very
   > important one but it would be useful for me to get this working.

   I've CC'ed him, let's hope he responds soon.

Thank you.

   > Are you sure? According to the glibc manual (and a quick glance at the
   > source, glibc/locale/program/charmap.c), the Unicode entry is supposed
   > to be a UCS-4 name.

   There's no difference between them.  UCS-4 comes from ISO, the
   Unicode codepoints from the Unicode Consortium, but the values are
   identical.  I prefer not to use UCS-4, because it's confusing
   nowadays.  The Emacs manuals use the "Unicode codepoint"
   terminology.

That makes sense; double thanks!