Re: A new user perspective about "Changes for emacs 28"

From: Óscar Fuentes
Subject: Re: A new user perspective about "Changes for emacs 28"
Date: Tue, 08 Sep 2020 17:27:07 +0200

ams@gnu.org (Alfred M. Szmidt) writes:

>    >    undo-tree is superior.
>    >
>    > That would make Emacs unusable for the majority of Emacs users.
>
>    I believe this is an exaggeration.  Exaggerations aren't useful in
>    discussion such as this one.
>
> I would find it entierly unusable (I've tried it several times) and I
> know several people who use Emacs would find the same, so I do not
> find it at all an exaggeration.

Leaving aside the extra and unobtrusive features it brings, undo-tree
just changes the undo/redo cycle to explicit undo and redo. I can't
think how that makes Emacs unusable, as it is how most editing
applications works out there.

Or are you talking about the obnoxious bugs where undo-tree corrupts the
undo information? It seems that they were fixed some months ago.