Re: A new user perspective about "Changes for emacs 28"

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: A new user perspective about "Changes for emacs 28"
Date: Tue, 08 Sep 2020 18:36:19 +0300

> From: Óscar Fuentes <ofv@wanadoo.es>
> Date: Tue, 08 Sep 2020 17:27:07 +0200
>
> Or are you talking about the obnoxious bugs where undo-tree corrupts the
> undo information? It seems that they were fixed some months ago.

That's indeed another problem with undo-tree: an external package that
uses internal details of the undo system is bound to break when those
details change.  Newbies shouldn't have to deal with such issues.

I'm not entirely sure that the problems with saving undo-tree info to
a file and restoring it after restart were indeed all fixed.