Re: Emacs 27.1 Windows Binaries -- testing wanted

From: phillip . lord
Subject: Re: Emacs 27.1 Windows Binaries -- testing wanted
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 2020 11:53:54 +0100

Date: Sat, 22 Aug 2020 11:21:27 +0100
From: phillip.lord@russet.org.uk
Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org

> The correct answers can be found by comparing against
> system-configuration-features, I think.
>
> And you have the same problem with your ERT-based approach, no?

No, because the correct answers are hardcoded into the file.

I'm confused: how can you know the correct answers in advance in one
case, but not in the other?

I think we are talking cross purposes. I do not want to display all the output, I want to know what it should be. And I don't care about the output from things that work as expected only things that do not. All of this is what ert is designed for. I might like to tweak the output a little, but as ert doesn't have a pluggable interface, that's harder.

Of course, I could write this functionality again. But it looks like a test to me. Why not use ert?

Phil